You’re a business owner who has a great product or service and want to explore the options of advertising on satellite radio. If you don’t know where to start this process, let me help educate you on what the medium is today and what types of businesses are best suited for the outlet.
First off… What is “satellite radio”? Where there was once two companies that provided satellite radio service (Sirius and XM), there is now one. In 2011 they merged and joined services. The name of the new company “SiriusXM Satellite radio”. As of the time of writing this article, there are no other satellite radio options on the market for consumers in the United States.
Like AM and FM radio, the satellite version of radio offers many choices and programs that cater to various niches, some larger than the other. Where do you find the info on what types of programming allow commercials? An advertising agency that specializes in radio should be able to guide you through the pro’s and con’s of each station and be able to answer any questions you have about the medium and find the most effective options for your unique business.
Like any form of advertising, it is not a “one fits all” radio commercial medium. It can work great for some and not so great for others. It is all dependent on the product or service you are looking to advertise. Lets take a look at who could benefit from commercials pm the medium who would be better off sticking to the AM or FM dial.
Satellite radio is great for companies that:
- Want to reach a national audience with out a crazy huge “Pepsi Like” budget (you are typically looking at 5k-10k for a starter plan)
- Have a product or service that fits a unique niche (the medium offers many niche stations)
- Want to test market a product or service on a national level before expanding to a more aggressive campaign.
- Want to brand and re-enforce a brand name or product
Satellite radio is not for:
- Products or services that are targeting a limited (city or state-wide) reach. (There is on way to geo-target, it reaches the entire nation)
- Companies that do not have a budget to meet enough frequency to give the campaign a chance at being effective. (typically 5k is as low as you want to go as far as spend level)
Now that you know a bit more about what the medium of satellite radio is all about, you should be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not it would fit your needs.
[tagline_box link=”http://www.satelliteradioadvertising.com/request-a-satellite-radio-advertising-quote/” button=”Get A Quote” title=”Get a FREE QUOTE on a Radio Ad for your business” description=”Or call us direct (231)468-9972″][/tagline_box]